Black Hawk Down Team Sabre Mapping and Mod Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements
Welcome to our Forums.
You must be a member to post in Forum.
So take a minute and register to get full access to forum.
Help keep BHD Alive.
Thank's for visiting our Forum's.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 144 on Tue May 14, 2019 5:05 pm
BHD/BHDTS Servers
"
Local Time

Vote for us

LW-Snow River Map SP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LoneWolf
LoneWolf
Administrator
Administrator
https://lonewolfs.forumotion.net/

PostLoneWolf Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:44 pm

Just a small sp map where ya go in Destroy the bridge, find intel, destroy command center and eliminate all enemy forces at the objective. Enjoy and have fun. Thanks goes out to Baldo the Don for the wac file.
Attachments
LW-Snow River Map SP Attachment
LW-Snow River.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(10 Kb) Downloaded 7 times

LW-Snow River Map SP Lonewo11

Baldo_the_Don and Bones_SoC like this post

Baldo_the_Don
Baldo_the_Don
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.youtube.com/BaldotheDon

PostBaldo_the_Don Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:05 pm

You gotta understand: I play TIO maps in my nerfed version of 92 on easy difficulty (gives you 200hp. That's all). The bots were still pretty brutal. There's only 3 saves, no med packs, no ammo, no armories, no health regen...

Ow.

The fence post door-blocks are a neat trick, especially if they don't work right. I got to the radio room in the first building before I destroyed the bridge 'cause I either modded the bridges to be tougher (probably) or the mortar to be weaker (doesn't seem like something I'd do), so I looked for an armory to get satchels (I didn't have the timer satchels 'cause they replace the smoke grenades and I'm doing something dumb with those), and with perserverance, you can jump over the fence posts and get shredded by the guy on the left that you really should've anticipated.

* sigh *

So after restarting with a bridge-wrecking loadout, things went marginally smoother.

But...

I was in the radio room of the first building, saw a dude prone outside though a hole in the wall near the stairs to the roof, attempted to blast him when I noticed the bullet impacts in the air in front of me and realized you had blocked that hole with an item like the rest of the openings, but the item turned invisible in the building's geometry.

Then when I finally decided to destroy the generator, 'cause boom make happy, and all the lights in the camp went out? Neat trick!

But the friendly helicopter drawing fire to let the player know how target-rich the other end of the map was? That's quality info-through-design, dude!

The first playthrough ended with a win 'cause I killed all the enemies in the embassy even though I only had two subgoals and a few dozen enemies left.

Heading to the embassy basement, I saw the stairs were blocked, did a bit of fly-against-glass bumping around, glitched through the wall to the left of the block, thought I was going to fall through forever, then popped out in the hallway in the embassy. I forgot that you can't really fall through the terrain in this game. I never knew the wall in the embassy basement stair was glitchy, though.

I'm not new to this game. I have decades worth of fairly granular levels of knowledge concerning items and mapping. I'm still learning new things. You've helped with that in this map.

I also checked the MEds about health regen. In the unlocked MEd, at the bottom of the General Information dialog, there are four value entries for Global Effects. Music, Reverb, and Mana are still mysteries to me, but if you enter a 1 in the Health box, players regenerate 1 hp every 0.25 seconds, or 4 hp a second. 10 means 40 hp per second.

Why once every 0.25 seconds? 'Cause NeverLogic!

You can do this without the unlocked MEd, too. Before you open a .mis in the MEd, open it in notepad.exe, and half way down the 'general_information,' you'll find the line 'gen_def_val1.' Change the 0 to 1, save the file, open it in the MEd, save and export the .bms, and the player with have that amount of health regen four times a second.

Or if you aren't afraid of hex editors, open the .bms, find address hex [108] (decimal 264), overwrite that to 01, then save the .bms. If address hex [22B] (decimal 555) is 03, overwrite it to 09, and now you have nine game saves.

'Cause I'm here for a good time, not a long time. This map is a good time.

LoneWolf likes this post

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum