Black Hawk Down Team Sabre Mapping and Mod Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements
Welcome to our Forums.
You must be a member to post in Forum.
So take a minute and register to get full access to forum.
Help keep BHD Alive.
Thank's for visiting our Forum's.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 144 on Tue May 14, 2019 5:05 pm
BHD/BHDTS Servers
"
Local Time

Vote for us

Operation killbox

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Silent
Silent
https://www.dfbhd-lobby.nl/index.html

PostSilent Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:14 am

Your heli is shot down during the mission.The enemy placed their units under high alert and is aproaching. The forest in front of you is a killbox, with 2 snipers on the flanks and artillery based rocketsystems in the middle of the forest.The weather conditions are misty.

Part of the gate will self destruct on approach.

MISSION

-Destroy all weaponcrates in the Russian embassy.
-Destroy Radio equipment and laptop in the Russian embassy.
-Destroy 2 nuclear warheads hidden in the cellar of the embassy (lol)
-Extract to exfill

Don't play this one alone

Operation killbox

LoneWolf and Baldo_the_Don like this post

LoneWolf
LoneWolf
Administrator
Administrator
https://lonewolfs.forumotion.net/

PostLoneWolf Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:52 pm

Well I tried playing it solo and man I lost count on how many times I died lol. Very good map,best 1 I've played in awhile. Keep up the good work. 10/10

Operation killbox Lonewo11

Silent likes this post

Silent
Silent

PostSilent Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:46 am

LoneWolf wrote:Well I tried playing it solo and man I lost count on how many times I died lol. Very good map,best 1 I've played in awhile. Keep up the good work. 10/10
First part you have to flank out the forest in a great circle stay at least 100 meters from the edge of the forest and snipe al targets out. Keep a distance of 400 meters of the target.
Silent
Silent

PostSilent Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:47 am

Silent wrote:
LoneWolf wrote:Well I tried playing it solo and man I lost count on how many times I died lol. Very good map,best 1 I've played in awhile. Keep up the good work. 10/10
First part you have to flank out the forest in a great circle stay at least 100 meters from the edge of the forest and snipe al targets out. Keep a distance of 400 meters of the target.
ther are no deadzones at the flanks of the forest
Baldo_the_Don
Baldo_the_Don
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.youtube.com/BaldotheDon

PostBaldo_the_Don Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:12 am

"Don't play this one alone" — Silent

"Unless you know a trick or two." — Baldo

There are some suboptimal construction nits I could pick, but no dealbreakers. I can't really comment on the difficulty all too much 'cause this is a co-op map, and I am playing a version of the TioCoop mod that I edited for a less impossible single-player/serve-and-play experience, but there was a lot of dying, respawning, and reapproaching going on. A few nasty surprises, but nothing unavoidable if you're paying attention.

The wintery aesthetic is nice, and the sound work is pretty good. I had some good fun on this map.

A facet I like to measure a map by is, when I'm done playing it, how much do I want to BMS2MIS it and fix it? Well, I have three little things on this one.

I would (1) align the minor gaps in the embassy building parts and (2) add the skylight items. Reduce the grid to 1m squares and activate the "Snap" checkbox. Or select the items, right-click them, and choose "Snap to Grid" in the context menu (works best on a 1m grid). And under dire circumstances, you can manually enter X,Y,Z values.

Then I would (3) be more careful with walls that converge at too acute of an angle. A player can glitch through walls like that and have interesting times, if not flat-out bad ones.

There might be an argument to make that the negative health areas need not be instant kills, just reduce health fast enough to make the area intraversable, but slow enough for a player to realize they're dying and to back out. Might be more work than strictly necessary, might be a rewarding trap for a player to survive, you know?

But as I opened with, no dealbreakers in this map. I liked it.

Silent likes this post

Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum