Black Hawk Down Team Sabre Mapping and Mod Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements
Welcome to our Forums.
You must be a member to post in Forum.
So take a minute and register to get full access to forum.
Help keep BHD Alive.
Thank's for visiting our Forum's.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 144 on Tue May 14, 2019 5:05 pm
BHD/BHDTS Servers
"
Local Time

Vote for us

Need Advise

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bones_SoC
Bones_SoC

PostBones_SoC Thu May 07, 2020 12:59 pm

I am making a Co-Op and every time I use the Armories more than 3 times I get a system dump, And I only have 3 armories in the map. There is-   162-people
                        40- vehicles and objects
                        290-buildings and decorations 
                           3- Area triggers

But it seems to happen a lot on some of the maps I make???
Baldo_the_Don
Baldo_the_Don
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.youtube.com/BaldotheDon

PostBaldo_the_Don Fri May 08, 2020 6:28 am

I have never heard of armories crashing DFBHD. I have personally seen the armory menu glitch out under circumstances I misremember exact details of, except it stopped happening after I thinned the number of wave slap sound markers in the area near that armory.

This seventeen year old game is still surprising me with new bugs. I can't help feeling that's amazing.

So how many sound markers have you inserted? How far apart from each other are they? How about event details: how many, which actions, what triggers?

No idea if I can help, but I'll try.
Bones_SoC
Bones_SoC

PostBones_SoC Sat May 09, 2020 12:11 am

I took your advise and thank you Very Happy . I moved some of the sounds around and deleted a few and it seems to be working so far, I will keep trying different ways to make it run better, Still getting a little bit of lag near the end of the map. 
 Thanks again.  Very Happy
Baldo_the_Don
Baldo_the_Don
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.youtube.com/BaldotheDon

PostBaldo_the_Don Sat May 09, 2020 3:17 pm

TL;DR: I'm glad I could help!

In detail:

Oh, Bones, forum members, readers, and general fellow humans:

I cannot emphasize enough to you all what an ego boost it is for me when you come to a forum I'm on looking for help, I make a suggestion, and you come back to tell me it was a good one. I'm going to be buzzed about this for the rest of the day, for sure! My weekend is made.

You see, I've spent an amount of time goofing around in the DFBHD MEd that, for a married man in his fifties, can only be described as 'inordinate,' so when some arcane, obscure bit of data shines through the fog at an opportune moment for me to pass it on to the assistance of another sufferer of the MEdness, I feel slightly less unjustified in my obsession.

Yeah, this is good.
Bones_SoC
Bones_SoC

PostBones_SoC Sun May 10, 2020 2:09 am

bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers
tedsmelly
tedsmelly
http://www.tiocoop.com

Posttedsmelly Wed May 13, 2020 8:19 am

It sounds like you are mapping with the TIOcoop Med. If you are mapping with the TIOcoop Med, there is known issues.

Good work Baldo, feed the obsession.

Last edited by tedsmelly on Thu May 14, 2020 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Need Advise  Map_team_sig_2
Bones_SoC
Bones_SoC

PostBones_SoC Wed May 13, 2020 11:05 am

Yes, Ted, I am using the TIO med, I have noticed some issues, But I try to work around them, But all in all, it's not that bad,
tedsmelly
tedsmelly

Posttedsmelly Thu May 14, 2020 2:21 am

In some maps you get to an area and the armouries don't work. Sometimes they work but the loadout screen has type missing. Other times it won't let you attach and if you do attach you get a system dump.

I have noticed that when this happens there is very light lag on the map. As you move on the armouries work again. (Weird).

I think we have pushed the Game Engine to it's limit. There are so many Med Items that have never been together in a Mod or Map. Maybe a few of these items together on a map might conflict and cause lag. (I was thinking maybe a couple bad sound effects and maybe an AI are causing lag)

Also the Game EXE has been edited to make Co-Op game play available, then the item count was edited twice to give us the ability to add more items to the Mod.

Then there is Ted doing the coding for the Mod and I am sure that has added to the issues.
I messed up just before we released the Mod. We released the Mod to find out that the AI's carrying the RPG's, Stingers and the M21 don't kill you. (I was very disappointed)
You still see the effects and feel the impact of RPG's and Stingers, they will still blind you and knock you off a ledge but no kill unless you fall.

Happy Mapping

Bones_SoC
Bones_SoC

PostBones_SoC Thu May 14, 2020 10:53 am

well, Ted, there is nothing in this world that is perfect but we deal with what we have, And as far as I'm concerned it is a great mod, And I think the people that worked on it did a Fantastic Job. cheers cheers
tedsmelly
tedsmelly

Posttedsmelly Wed May 20, 2020 12:31 pm

Sweet!!! I am glad you like the mod. To me the mod is a mappers paradise.

Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top