Black Hawk Down Team Sabre Mapping and Mod Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements
Welcome to our Forums.
You must be a member to post in Forum.
So take a minute and register to get full access to forum.
Help keep BHD Alive.
Thank's for visiting our Forum's.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 144 on Tue May 14, 2019 5:05 pm
BHD/BHDTS Servers
"
Local Time

Vote for us

NSO Deadline Mod beta version at GameFront

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Baldo_the_Don
Baldo_the_Don
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.youtube.com/BaldotheDon

PostBaldo_the_Don Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:07 am

The NSO Deadline Mod beta version installer is available at GameFront right now:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22420617/NSODLb_Install.exe

Sorry I kept you waiting, everybody.

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Brendan2

PostBrendan2 Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:08 pm

Hello, I have the Deadline mod and had no problems except for the secret documents on "First Encounter" I have found all 7 but not 8, I have hunted for them for about a week now. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not, but if you could, please provide me with a guide that contains the locations of each and every document, thank you very much. Oh, I also wanted to know, what do they unlock? A new mission? A new weapon? A new multi-player map?

P.S. my email address is delta.62gamble@gmail.com so please send me a reply via email, thank you.

-Brendan
Baldo_the_Don
Baldo_the_Don
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.youtube.com/BaldotheDon

PostBaldo_the_Don Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:00 am

Oh, you picked a bad time to ask for help on this, Brendan. My old computer died a while ago and I haven't gotten around to reinstalling the NSODL mod yet.

There are indeed eight documents, and they unlock a "Congratulations! You've found all eight documents!" message 'cause DFBHD is not complex enough to allow unlockables. The only things you can unlock in DFBHD are campaign missions, and the only way you can trigger that unlocking is by completing previous missions.

I guess in some games, events can be tracked over multiple missions, so if you reload a previous mission and replay it in a completely different way, the next mission also changes. DFBHD is not like that. Each mission is self-contained, and branching narratives are not really possible.

DFBHD can't do that without extensive editing to the executable itself, but I'm not a programmer, and we don't have one on the team.

Anyway, not very exact spoilers:

Spoiler:

Really, I think the only point for the documents is to give players something to look around for. Getbacjack made that map, and although I tweaked it some, it's very much his work. I sure he and I talked about the secret documents, but the details of what he was hoping to do with them escape me.

Hope this was helpful.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum