Black Hawk Down Team Sabre Mapping and Mod Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements
Welcome to our Forums.
You must be a member to post in Forum.
So take a minute and register to get full access to forum.
Help keep BHD Alive.
Thank's for visiting our Forum's.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 144 on Tue May 14, 2019 5:05 pm
BHD/BHDTS Servers
"
Local Time

Vote for us

I need help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

twist_of_fate

Posttwist_of_fate Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Ok i`m going to let the cat out of the bag and explain my upcoming mod. First i`d like to say its going to be a game changer. I`m sure all of you have played bf2 in the past. Now imagine the map strike at karkand running in bhd. Fully identical down to the last rock. Its a huge undertaking and i need a little help. All my time is going to be in model conversion (not fun). I need someone to convert atleast one terrain. Terrain size is different from bhd from what i remember yrs ago when i converted one over. Yes i was standing in game on the terrain used for strike at karkand Smile . Who wants to take a crack at it?
Blaze
Blaze

PostBlaze Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:44 pm

I have no idea how to convert such terrain to DFBHD engine, but I can provide help with the terrain colourmap, I've done lots of terrain editing in my mod.
Strike At Karkand is probably one of the most famous BF2 maps, pretty cool indeed. It's fictional, but based on Kuwait City IIRC.
twist_of_fate

Posttwist_of_fate Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:40 pm

Blaze wrote:I have no idea how to convert such terrain to DFBHD engine, but I can provide help with the terrain colourmap, I've done lots of terrain editing in my mod.
Strike At Karkand is probably one of the most famous BF2 maps, pretty cool indeed. It's fictional, but based on Kuwait City IIRC.
colormap is already done i`m using the bf2 one Smile . The actual terrain is just a heightmap.raw. scaled to size and softened a bit then welded to the flat terrain
twist_of_fate

Posttwist_of_fate Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:50 am

actual karkand terrain inside 3ds max with colormap overlay. sweet huh

[img]I need help Terrai10[/img]
Blaze
Blaze

PostBlaze Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:28 am

Lovely, It's amazing, your mod is going to be better than mine Smile
So what kind of help do you need? I can convert the heightmaps with the DFBHD Mod Tools, but I'm not sure how it would work with BF2 .raw files. I have BF2 installed on my PC, so I may have a look at it, but I'm very busy with RL now. Maybe later.
twist_of_fate

Posttwist_of_fate Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:30 pm

Blaze wrote:Lovely, It's amazing, your mod is going to be better than mine Smile
So what kind of help do you need? I can convert the heightmaps with the DFBHD Mod Tools, but I'm not sure how it would work with BF2 .raw files. I have BF2 installed on my PC, so I may have a look at it, but I'm very busy with RL now. Maybe later.
NONE ARE BETTER than anybody else`s. Its what you put into it and your creativity that matters. Its got to be from the heart. You know that. What pisses me off about the nova community is there is none. THE (GODS) OF THE COMMUNITY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR KEEPING (TRADE SECRETS) TO THEMSELVES!!! A COMMUNITY ONLY SURVIVES BY WHATS PUT INTO IT. Its not right to HOARD the SECRETS to themselves and abandon us as they did as soon as BF2 came out. I stayed in the bhd world with a thriving mod in the demo lobby (packed with 50 player servers in a 16 player lobby Smile ). I can tell you this from exp, if you make a mod, make sure you have squads that will play it the rest will follow. Ok enough ranting.Terrains are fun dude. Was my first venture into modding anything. you can see me in the beginning stages of making terrains in dv`s drive mod. That pic of karkand terrain, look close you can make all the depth, hight whatever. its all up to. And If your a mapper as i was (before i started modding because i hated the boring conformist maps Smile ) which exist to this day NONE OF THESE HOSTS AND PLAYERS either know nor care? always wondered about that. Ok if you have photoshop or a similar prog open the raw you will see black and white u know what i`m talking about the edges of the map all 4 sides need to be softened down (with black color) or mountains just taken out bhd engine prob a good idea with the models on the board. less polys equals no dumping. and bf2 models are high poly even with the lod`s
twist_of_fate

Posttwist_of_fate Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:37 pm

you want to get creative? make a few tree walls or bush walls where instead of a boring wall we allways see add a collision box to a tree wall. one of the most the most simplest things to do but nobody steps outside the box
Blaze
Blaze

PostBlaze Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:44 am

I agree with your ranting. I wish we could have more and better tools, in order to create new weapon animations and such. NovaLogic is the first to blame. After Joint Ops, they ran out of ideas and created the two money-grabber DFX and DFX2. There were other Nova's game series waiting for newer games, like Comanche and Armored Fist.

Anyway, I do know about the .raw files. Of course it is needed to smooth the four edges because the terrain must repeat itself endlessly in the DFBHD engine. Hmm, I can also take a look at the colourmaps, so I can remove roads or anything else from it seamlessly (I've done lots of work with DFLW and DFTFD colourmaps). ATM I am very busy with RL, and only the heavens know when I can resume modding for good. In the meantime try to focus on 3D modeling, when I'll be back for modding, I'd be very glad to help you with the terrain stuff.

PS: I really agree with you about making mods and games with heart. It's creativity that matters, and Nova clearly ran out of it. If I could have the source code of DFBHD, I would turn DFBHD into something bigger, as I started my mod with many ideas back in 2010. Now in 2016, thanks to the help I got here, I was able to accomplish one of my dreams (most of Nova's terrains into one game).
twist_of_fate

Posttwist_of_fate Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:25 pm

Take your time cause this is going to take me awhile. Especially now that i found out the bhd oed wont do multiple textures on diff channels. The superoed does but not bhd as i was worried about. Its either i take a year to get the textures just right or i will have to settle for how it looks as you can see in the pic below

Kind of disappointed. I have to manually change alot of faces or just leave it the way it is. Ohh and 3ds max9 exports .ase just fine.

[img]I need help Bla10[/img]
twist_of_fate

Posttwist_of_fate Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:19 pm

Dont worry about the terrain blaze. I had to convert karkand to check the scale. Woohoo ITS PERFECT Very Happy This is history in the making lol

I need help <a href=I need help Stairs10" />
twist_of_fate

Posttwist_of_fate Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:30 pm

In the med looking lovely.Still have fix the trn file but looking lovely.
I need help <a href=I need help Med10" />
LoneWolf
LoneWolf
Administrator
Administrator
https://lonewolfs.forumotion.net/

PostLoneWolf Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:31 pm

Look's good twist keep up the good work bud.

I need help Lonewo11
Blaze
Blaze

PostBlaze Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:29 am

Indeed, really good stuff there. Keep up the good work!
twist_of_fate

Posttwist_of_fate Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:10 am

Just a labor of love thats all. Here`s operation harvest from the bf2 expansion that i had converted in under 10 min Very Happy. I didnt mess with the raw just converted it and did a fly over lol and it looks fine. https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvx7qm8b4jregm1/operation%20harvest.rar?dl=0

I need help <a href=I need help Harves10" />I need help <a href=I need help Harves11" />
LoneWolf
LoneWolf
Administrator
Administrator
https://lonewolfs.forumotion.net/

PostLoneWolf Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:16 pm

Nice sky color love it,fire in the sky lol.

I need help Lonewo11
Nmad
Nmad

PostNmad Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:29 am

He should bring this in to the new game as I know he can do a lot more with what he is doing I all so have coop mode working now and it would be cool to see a battlefield 2 look in to are game as well.

Ea gave up on bf2 after game spy went down I will say it would be grate to see all of your work in to the game as I know you all will be making some hard cold cash to have money to help with life need's.
TrSniper

PostTrSniper Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi all, I am using my username trsniper from when I was 14 years old and started to play this game. I was more active on the dfbarracks website and I found out that there is a small community here is still fighting to bring the old days back. BHD, the game of my youth.

To twist of fate: I see that you are working on models of the bf2 to convert them to bhd. I cannot discribe how happy I am to see this and I wish you much luck on it and everybody that is supporting each other here to bring out a new mod. I picked up the game again and started to make some singleplayer missions, but I never finished any of them because I am tired of seeing the same objects and terrains. But seeing this inspires me. If only I knew how to do modding, I would definitly put effort in helping you guys. I am looking forward to it and the middle eastern buildings you have converted look AMAZING. It gives me hope again and the feelings to start making singleplayer missions.
I wanted to give you one advice on this terrain. I think it would be much better if you build the terrain for strike at karkand from the BF3 version, which is near the see coast, same colour as the DVD4(irene) terrain. It gives a much better middle eastern feeling + the weather type we choose in a mission already has a lot of effect on the colouring of the terrain. Just my advice:). And palm trees that are high like in cod4 would be amazing to start building middle eastern type of maps. I am looking forward to everyones reply and thoughts about this. Good luck guys!!
twist_of_fate

Posttwist_of_fate Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:46 pm

TrSniper wrote:Hi all, I am using my username trsniper from when I was 14 years old and started to play this game. I was more active on the dfbarracks website and I found out that there is a small community here is still fighting to bring the old days back. BHD, the game of my youth.

To twist of fate: I see that you are working on models of the bf2 to convert them to bhd. I cannot discribe how happy I am to see this and I wish you much luck on it and everybody that is supporting each other here to bring out a new mod. I picked up the game again and started to make some singleplayer missions, but I never finished any of them because I am tired of seeing the same objects and terrains. But seeing this inspires me. If only I knew how to do modding, I would definitly put effort in helping you guys. I am looking forward to it and the middle eastern buildings you have converted look AMAZING. It gives me hope again and the feelings to start making singleplayer missions.
I wanted to give you one advice on this terrain. I think it would be much better if you build the terrain for strike at karkand from the BF3 version, which is near the see coast, same colour as the DVD4(irene) terrain. It gives a much better middle eastern feeling + the weather type we choose in a mission already has a lot of effect on the colouring of the terrain. Just my advice:). And palm trees that are high like in cod4 would be amazing to start building middle eastern type of maps. I am looking forward to everyones reply and thoughts about this. Good luck guys!!
Seeing the same old boring buildings, terrains etc is why I started modding the game some 12 years ago. For now its gonna have to be the original bf2 karkand map as i had to really tweak that one and spent some time on it. Besides half the buildings and objects are already on the map Very Happy
TrSniper

PostTrSniper Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Seeing the same old boring buildings, terrains etc is why I started modding the game some 12 years ago. For now its gonna have to be the original bf2 karkand map as i had to really tweak that one and spent some time on it. Besides half the buildings and objects are already on the map Very Happy

Nice man keep up the good work Very Happy  I love it seeing the community getting back. We'll be waiting on the release of your mod then. cheers
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum