Black Hawk Down Team Sabre Mapping and Mod Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements
Welcome to our Forums.
You must be a member to post in Forum.
So take a minute and register to get full access to forum.
Help keep BHD Alive.
Thank's for visiting our Forum's.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 144 on Tue May 14, 2019 5:05 pm
BHD/BHDTS Servers
"
Local Time

Vote for us

Terrain List

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blaze
Blaze

PostBlaze Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:40 am

Hmm, interesting, but it's okay in DFBHD, right? I've checked the terrain conversions I made, the water level seemed to be ok.

Thanks, we finally managed to finish the big work on the terrains, but I still have one little request;
Recently I repainted Team Sabre's ts_09_c.tga colormap, and IMHO it turned out to be very good. However the stock colormap uses a wrong alpha channel (the guys who made the expansion were lazy, they used the alpha channel from the BHD dvd5_c.tga colormap; after all most of the Team Sabre terrains have bad alpha channels I think). Is there any chance to make a proper new alpha channel for it? If you can, just remove the stock alpha channel and make a new one for the stock colormap, then I'll add my repaint to it later.
2DNED

Post2DNED Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:34 pm

http://www.blaze.nova-outpost.com/TS_09_c.zip

TS 09 c.tga redone
Blaze
Blaze

PostBlaze Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:38 pm

You have my gratitude, 2DNED.  You really earned an important place in the mod's credits list, which I still have to update.  Now I'm studying hard for these damned university exams which I'll have during the next month, but keep your eyes open, because I might find the time for another beta release.  At least you and the other mappers/modders can enjoy all this hard work, LOL.
Blaze
Blaze

PostBlaze Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:19 am

2DNED, I'm sorry to tell you this, but we have missed a damned map; the "dfg5_c.tga" is the colormap of a Delta Force Xtreme 2 terrain, however it uses the same name convention used in the previous Delta Force Xtreme, so hence why I didn't notice it the first time I was converting terrains.  I already converted it, but I need an alpha channel for its colormap, can you do it?

In other news I'm adding your work to the mod and it's coming along nicely. I had to slightly re-work the alpha channels that you made, in order for the terrains to appear in their original colors. Next I'll have to make some new detailmaps for JO/DFX terrains, so don't worry, leave that to me.
2DNED

Post2DNED Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:34 pm

http://www.blaze.nova-outpost.com/DfG5_d.zip
Blaze
Blaze

PostBlaze Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:32 pm

I finally added everything, still making some tweaks but big enhancements will come later. Overall mod space is 2.20GB, but if I convert some .tga skins to the bad but compressed .dds, and if I pack everything in a .pff, some space should be saved.  Anyway the next release will be a packed .pff I guess, although I'll keep working on the unpacked mod.

What tool are you using for adding alpha channels, 2DNED?  My Photoshop Elements 7 doesn't support alpha channels unfortunately.
2DNED

Post2DNED Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:36 pm

im using CS5 now
2.2G WOW that's a big mod

ok, i will add the alpha to the _c.tga and re upload it.
2DNED

Post2DNED Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:34 pm

http://www.blaze.nova-outpost.com/DFG5_c.zip
LoneWolf
LoneWolf
Administrator
Administrator
https://lonewolfs.forumotion.net/

PostLoneWolf Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:00 am

I just have a gig total on my crate lol,gonna have to get more looks like.
Shocked

Terrain List - Page 3 Lonewo11
Blaze
Blaze

PostBlaze Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:56 am

2DNED, I guess something went wrong when you reuploaded it, I still get the .raw file.  

Yeah, before adding the terrains you converted from DF2, DFLW, DFTFD, C4 and AF3, the mod was around 1.10GB (the mod at the time already included my conversions of JO/JOE and DFX/DFX2 terrains). Speaking of which, I have noticed that your conversions of JO/JOE terrains don't look like their originals, their heightmap is different. Anyway, just wait for the next release and you'll play with 1:1 conversions of such terrains.
2DNED

Post2DNED Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:28 am

sry i see what i did...
http://blaze.nova-outpost.com/DFG5_c.zip

I did go back and have a look at the JO.. terrains and to be honest im not happy with them.
They have 2 alpha channels in the CPT. By only adding 1 it stuffs it up a bit as you noticed.
I have not figured out how to have 2 alpha channels without crashing the TrnGen program

In saying that it can be done as BuLL (from DFReload) did the C4 terrain for JO with 2 alpha channels in the CPT
Blaze
Blaze

PostBlaze Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:43 am

Well don't worry, I'm trying to fix the terrains' alpha channels one by one to make sure that they look right, and I converted JO/DFX terrains using another method which only involves editing the terrains .cpt and .raw through Hex editing, so their .cpt is perfect, exactly the same as in JO/DFX. It's just the damned colormaps' alpha channels that are difficult to get right. 

ATM I'm working on your DF2 terrain conversions, they are great and very similar to the DF2 ones, despite the different game engine (the old DF2 Voxel engine is still good looking despite the years).

I have noticed that your DF2 dfg4 terrain has a corrupted cpt maybe, it's almost totally flat, can you check it?  I guess the terrain generator didn't like its .raw, LOL
2DNED

Post2DNED Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:22 pm

http://blaze.nova-outpost.com/dfg4.zip

It works fine my end but i re did it for you.
Blaze
Blaze

PostBlaze Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:49 am

I compared the original and your last .cpt, it seems that the original is better, so I'll keep it as it is; my apologies if I bothered you. It's just that I thought the terrain was meant to have more steep areas, if you know what I mean.

Today I'll start checking the DFLW terrains, I'll try to improve the alpha channels if any changes are required. For instance, I had to repaint the colormaps of two DF2 maps, nothing big and very similar to the stock look, so they look better with DFBHD engine.
2DNED

Post2DNED Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:20 am

There is one bug in the DFLW terrains.
D4.trn if you open it, it has d5_c instead of d4_c
Just need the 5 changed to a 4.

2DNED wrote:
They have 2 alpha channels in the CPT. By only adding 1 it stuffs it up a bit as you noticed.
I have not figured out how to have 2 alpha channels without crashing the TrnGen program

LOL worked out there can only be 1 alpha, the TrnGen creates the second one
Blaze
Blaze

PostBlaze Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:18 pm

LOL, in fact I didn't understand what you meant with "2 alpha channels", since the .tga always has one alpha channel (although while working on it with Photoshop you may have multiple layers I guess).

Don't worry about such bug, I had to re-name most of the terrains otherwise they would go in conflict with DFX/JO ones, so I took care of that "bug" even if I didn't notice.

You may want to know that the char maps "_m.pcx" of DF2 terrains had to be scrapped because they triggered wrong effects on most maps (for instance if you shoot on the ground, there should be snowy or dusty puffs, instead sometimes you see blood effects as if you hit a soldier). So as of now old terrains have no foliage and no char maps (_f.pcx and m.pcx), so they are mostly generic and not up to the quality standards of DFX/JO terrains.
2DNED

Post2DNED Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:12 am

i played with the _m.pcx changed the HUE to +40 which got rid of the blood look
Only done 2 but seems to work right.
Blaze
Blaze

PostBlaze Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:13 am

Interesting, but you may also want to know that sometimes you also get foliage or snowy puffs where there should be dust or viceversa, maybe your suggested hue change fixed that too. This only happens with DF2 terrains, others work ok.

I noticed that among your C4 terrains there is a missing terrain, whose colormap is "02d_c.tga" (I extracted it from C4). It should be the desert version of the same map which uses the 02g_c.tga" colormap.  Moreover C4 has more .trn files than in your package, I suppose because most of them are just copies, right? If so, I'll rename the .trn files so they stick closer to the rest of the other files.
Blaze
Blaze

PostBlaze Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:10 pm

I just wanted to let you know that recently I had to re-paint part of the DFLW/TFD terrains' colormaps, because many of them included fake painted shadows for buildings as they were included in the singleplayer missions of LW/TFD. The changes are almost unnoticeable thanks to Photoshop and my precision, so we will be able to enjoy these terrains as if they were meant for the DFBHD game engine.
Blaze
Blaze

PostBlaze Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:55 am

2DNED, would you mind making new alpha channels for Comanche 4 terrains?  The stock alpha channels are not good looking for DFBHD game engine, despite the two game engines being similar.  But you must first remove the original alpha channels from all C4 terrains, then add the new ones you make.

In other news, DF2 and DFLW terrains look quite decent after some tweaks I made to the colormaps and alpha channels (although atm snowy terrains look quite bad). Now I must make the last tweaks to TFD terrains, and then I'll check DFX and JO terrains.

Last edited by Blaze on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
2DNED

Post2DNED Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:39 am

i don't have the alpha files i will have to do it from scratch again.
You just want the alpha on there own?
Blaze
Blaze

PostBlaze Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:03 pm

I guess you have to make them from scratch using their .raw files.  Yes, just upload the colormaps with the new alpha channels added.
2DNED

Post2DNED Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:33 pm

http://blaze.nova-outpost.com/C4_alpha.zip

There you go Smile
Blaze
Blaze

PostBlaze Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:55 am

Thanks for the help, 2DNED!
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum